Monday, April 7, 2014

Networking and Confidence

Whenever I go to a networking event, I have a mantra that I say, "People come here to meet people." This gentle reminder helps me to come alive a little more. Knowing that everyone feels a bit awkward about going up to a stranger, talking for a few minutes, and handing them a card with your business information is somewhat reassuring as well.


The card itself is a bit of a conversation starter. The printer notice the embossing, the English major notice the witty use of "wordsmith", and the engineer liked the use of my initials in my company name. It was all great fun.


I even met some people who were actually interested in my business and some potential clients. This boost to my ego was worth the minutes of uneasiness when transitioning between new people. It also gave me ideas as to what I needed to be better at articulating about my business and services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment