Monday, July 28, 2014

"Working" from Home

Woah! Time flies when you are home and you can think of a half a million things to do besides working. Every morning I wake up and think I have all these things on my to-do list for my business. Every night I go to bed thinking, I did nothing or very little on my list. 

It's frustrating and I'm not sure how to stop the cycle of procrastination and distraction. Some people say, act like you're going to work and wake up, dress, and work like you would for someone else. Yeah, when I work for someone else, there is a lot more than just getting up and dressing. I have the commute, the co-workers, and the office. All these things add up to doing work for the company. 

JK in the glorious sunlight
Client work is different. Whenever I write for a client, then my turnaround is quick and efficient. This leads me to believe that I need a better idea of my job duties or a clearer description of goals. This, of course, rests on my shoulders to figure out. Delegating work to myself doesn't seem to be my strong point. I have to figure this out otherwise it will be the death to my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment