Saturday, July 12, 2014

Writing for Real

A few months ago, I decided to take the advice of a friend and start my writing business. I went through the business procedures, put up a website, and a blog. Now, the realization of being a writer is shaping itself more concretely in my mind.

I have taken on a new persona, at least in name. And gained a new client. But, it still seems weird to me to introduce myself as a writer. I still awkwardly answer questions and think it's funny how some people think I'm creative based on my occupation.



This writing journey is like sunrise. What will the day become?
Life is a learning process. So I continue to learn. Anais Nin wrote, "The role of the writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say." 


My next challenge is figuring out what people mean to say when they use words that often don't tell the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment