Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Focus on Possibilities

Lift Up Your Thinking
Some of you may have noticed that I have dreadlocks in my hair. I have had them for a number of years. They can be quite the conversation starter, but the hairstyle goes much deeper than my vanity.

The thing I didn't know before having dreadlocks was the idea of lifting up your thoughts. True Rastafarians will not speak certain words because the very act of speaking gives the word power. Instead of "I", "eye and eye" is used to show the connection between all people. "Understand" becomes "overstand" because one should not think of anything as lesser than anything else. 

Change of language is vital to any cultural movement. That is why the quote on the meme is so important for me to remember and activate in my thinking. It is the idea that your thoughts bring your life and circumstances. If I wake up every morning thinking of possibilities, but go to bed every evening thinking of how little I accomplished (like I admitted in my last post), then I am focusing on problems instead of solutions. This will never lead me to opportunity. So I must lift up my thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment